"Cancelled appointment without notice."

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital / General medicine

Turned up for my 2 pm appointment. I've waited 2 months for this appointment, checked in, my notes were not anywhere to be found. Waited 30 Mins until the doctors assistant sat me down and said they have the letter from my Doctor, but your appointments been cancelled.

The doctor couldn't see me because he doesn't know what he is seeing me about, and he's too busy today. The assistant has said she will make me a new appointment fair enough. But. Whos going to pay my travel expenses. Car parking. which I paid more for.

Because the letter stated, if you need Surgery you will need extra time for tests. Then there is the fact that I've taken half a day ( with no pay ) time out of my life to sit in a boiling hot room for nothing.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am sorry that you had a difficult time when you attended your recent 2pm appointment and that the solution you were offered at the time was not better.

I would be grateful if you could contact one of my team directly on 01253 955588 so that we can get further details and learn from this.

Andrew

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

I have looked into this matter and I am sorry that we cancelled your appointment without informing you.

I hope that the we have been able to help going forward.

Andrew