"Fantastic service at Wishaw A&E"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

(as a parent/guardian),

I took my three year old daughter to the emergency department at Wishaw General as I suspected she had an object lodged in her nose. I was conscious of wasting staff time however the nurse, Geri, was very understanding and was absolutely brilliant with my wee girl. She undertook a thorough examination and was very reassuring. We were seen and treated in less than half an hour. Geri’s clinical and communications skills were of the highest standard – person-centred care at its best. Thank you very much.

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Crame3,

I am sorry to hear that you had to attend the emergency department with your daughter, however I pleased to read that your experience was very positive. I am sure Gerry will be delighted to know that she reassured you and her communication skills were excellent.

We aim to provide a person centred experience and we are comforted to know you found that to be the case.

Best Wishes to both you and your daughter

Gillian

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Crame3,

I am sorry that your daughter had to attend our ED for assessment and treatment.

I am pleased that your experience was positive and she was treated with excellent care and you were reassured with Gerry's clinical and communication skills.

I will ensure that this is shared with Gerry and also others within the ED team.

We aim to provide care that is of a high standard at all times and I am pleased that you found her care to be person centred.

Best wishes to you and your daughter

Andy