"Baby Girl A&E"

About: Good Hope Hospital

Brought my daughter to Good Hope A&E on the instruction of 111. She had a fever and blisters in her mouth and cheek. After looking in her mouth for all of 10 seconds they diagnosed tonsilitis and gave us antibiotics. I was not satisfied with the diagnosis, I knew it was not tonsilitis. When asked if the blisters in her mouth are connected to tonsilitis, had no repsonse other than I don't know. Took her to my GP a day later and was diagnosed hand foot and mouth - she also said her tonsils are absolutely fine and she's not sure what the doctor at A&E thought they had seen. Not happy at all.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to Good Hope Hospital Accident and Emergency Department with your daughter.

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the treatment and diagnosis received by your daughter and I would like to look into this in more detail.

I would like to reassure you that we take seriously any issues our patients and their families raise with us and we value your feedback. To that end, could I please ask you to contact me at your convenience on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards