"Admitted with Tonsilitis"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

In March 2015, I was suffering from a horrendous bout of tonsilitis. I walked into the a and e department as I was struggling to breathe as my tonsils had swollen dramatically. In a and e, I was given a thorough assessment rand told that I would need to be admitted to a ward. I didn't wait very long to moved up to the acute surgical unit. The staff there were very welcoming and I was seen by a ENT consultant promptly who was a very friendly person and explained everything in excellent detail. The nurses and CSW were excellent. They were caring and compassionate, and answered any queries or questions I had. I was moved onto another ward at around 10.30pm, where a male CSW made me the best hot chocolate I had in my entire life. I was really impressed with how the staff treated me and made me feel happier. I would deffo recommend this hospital to family and friends as I am confident that they would be safe in RLI and would be looked after properly and holistically. 5/5 for everything. Keep up the good work!

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you Gemma for taking the time and trouble to post a comment on our ENT services at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary. We are glad to hear you had such a positive experience and we have passed on your kind comments to the staff involved in your care. Thank you again and best wishes!