"A great service"

About: East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust / NHS 111

After recently moving here from Wales, although I am registered at a practice, which as a resident 4 years ago used to be great is now not that helpful or flexible. I could not get anywhere with my own doctors surgery, they told me to ring 111. This is a new completely new concept to me, but one I must say was brilliant, the phone was answered quickly, and the woman on the other end was friendly and very understanding, I then received an appointment to see a GP at the Norwich Community Hospital at 8: 15pm (85 minutes after the phone call), when I got there, although there was a little wait of about 25 minutes after my appointment time, the doctor I seen was brilliant, took the time to understand my complaint, and listened, this is something healthcare staff generally forget and are in a rush, but this lady doctor was great, no rushing, took the time to really help and she did. A great service which I could not find anything wrong with.

Response from Marian Burgess, Patient Services Facilitator, East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the 111 Service which East of England Ambulance Service provides. I would like to pass your kind comments onto the individual staff involved and would be grateful if you could email eoeasnt.feedback@nhs.net with your name and the date you contacted the serivce.

Thank you again for your kind words of appreciation.

I hope you have made a full recovery.

Marian Burgess