"Excellent care at Lincoln County Hospital"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Older people's healthcare

My mother in law was taken to hospital with breathing difficulties. She did not want to go and it took some efforts to get her to accept she needed to go. The GP, paramedics and the wonderful staff in A&E were absolutely superb at handling a difficult 90 year old, who was very poorly, and dealt with her with great tact and kindness.

She was seen by Consultants and had immediate investigations and treatment on the EAU ward with immediate benefit to her breathing. She was transferred to Carlton Coleby ward where the staff were, without exception, all efficient kind and caring.

Her nursing and medical care could not have been better. All the staff were very kind, we had good communications at all levels and the improvement in her health was dramatic. Knowing how resistant she had been to letting us get medical help the change in her health was evident even to her!

We have nothing but praise for all the staff we had dealings with and my mother in law would be less resistant to admission should she need to return to LCH at any point.

Whilst on the ward we saw the same high standards of care given to very elderly and sometimes difficult patients given with kindness and understanding. It was good to see such high levels of care.

Response from Ian Holdich, Charge Nurse, Lincoln County Hospital, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for the positive comments, I will ensure these get shared with all team members. I hope your mothier in law is doing well.

Once again thank you, positive comments give the teams a good moral boost

CN Ian Holdich