"Rheumatology department"

About: Torbay Hospital

Each time I have attended my appointments at Torbay Hospital (4 times in the last 4 months) in different departments, I have been very impressed with the cleanliness, friendly staff and the patient & thorough treatment from all the consultants and particularly the head nurse in Rheumatology. After leaving the hospital I felt relaxed and confident that I would be well looked after in the future.

Response from Sam Holden, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Quality and Safety, South Devon and Torbay Clinical Commissioning Group

Dear Heather

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am pleased that the experience you have had has helped you feel relaxed and more confident for future treatment, coming into any hospital can be a daunting experience so I am glad this has been made easier for you. I trust that you are continuing to receive the necessary treatment and that you are getting better.

I am pleased that all of the staff that you met were friendly and provided thorough treatment. I am also really pleased to hear that you have been impressed with the cleanliness, this is really important because the cleanliness of the hospital does leave an impression with patients and people who come into the hospital and can be a difficult thing to maintain.

I will ensure that your comments are passed to the team and I am sure that they will be pleased to receive such feedback.

If you have any questions or further comments that you would like to make, you can contact Torbay Hospital’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service directly by contacting: pals.sdhct@nhs.net or by calling 0800 02 82 037.

Alternatively you can contact me directly by email to:patientfeedback.sdtccg@nhs.net or 01803 652578.

Best wishes

Response from Torbay Hospital

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments. Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned. kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.