"The consultant's care"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

My wife was under the care of consulting surgeon at EGH and had a diagnosis of breast cancer. In close consultation with the consultant and us it was decided to perform a mastectomy. The procedure was carried out successfully and was done so with the finest care and attention that I have ever seen. The consultant was charming and courteous. They had time for us both, which is important, and the care and attitude of the ward staff was second to none. I understand there are allegedly issues with management at this hospital but this is what we found. It could not be bettered in our opinion. Thank you all.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Thank you for providing valuable feedback about you and your wife's experience with the breast care team (and ward staff) at Eastbourne DGH. Please be assured that all feedback is shared with staff who are always pleased to read comments recognising their hard work and dedication to ensuring all patients receive high quality care. It was kind of you to take the time to provide feedback. We hope that your wife is making a good recovery from her surgery.