"Excellent treatment from A&E staff"

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

I was referred by NHS 111 to the GP practice at Macclesfield Hosp. late at night on Tues 9th June. The doctor then passed me on to A & E staff with very high BP. The staff were so very kind and caring, explaining what they were going to do, taking bloods,an ECG, and an xray (all this at about midnight) in order to determine the cause of my distress. Everything was explained to me and I was kept overnight so that they could keep a check on my BP. Also the next morning I received nothing but caring kindness whilst I was in Ward 4. The doctors were very communicative and cheerful as were the nursing staff. I had a very good experience of NHS care. My only criticism is that the NHS needs many more nurses as those girls were SO busy I am amazed at how they managed to do so much and so cheerfully.

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments concerning your care at Macclesfield Hospital. We are glad you were so pleased with our services and hope you are recovering well now. We will pass your comments on to the department concerned and I am sure the staff in A&E and on Ward 4 will be delighted to see them.