"reception staff were lovely."

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

reception staff were lovely.

it is not acceptable to have staff that cannot communicate effectively in English,anywhere within the NHS, (we arent English, but have lived here many years and take care to ensure we are understood) especially when surgery and cancer are involved, and when i am hard of hearing. i was given incorrect and patchy information,in a terribly blunt fashion, and it had to be chased up by various family members, infact, we need to check information with regards to cancer tomorrow.whole thing has made a bad situation far worse.im too scared to give my name as i dont want to make things worse. im too scared to ask for another dr to see me for the same reason.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Pleased to hear the reception staff were lovely but concerned that clinical communication was seemingly very poor. That is not the standard we expect for our patients. We would encourage you to make a complaint so that the problem can be addressed. We welcome complaints as a way of learning from patients and improving our services and there's not reason to be scared. It's your right. Clearly it does makes it difficult for us to address such an issue if we don't know where the problem lies.