"Complain for Maternity ward at StHelier Hospital"

About: St Helier Hospital

I had C section at St Helier Hospital just 17 days before. I am still feeling unwell. I get shaky shivers with fever everyday since I was in the hospital. I am very disappointed that none of the midwives were able to detect that I had urine infection while I was in their care in the hospital before discharging me from the ward. I was not given the full course of antibiotic drip while I was in the Hospital. I was told that the doctors would need to come and see me but no doctor had come to see me or prescribe any antibiotic on time. I still have on going problem with urine infection and shivery fevers after changing 4 different types of antibiotics. I am very unhappy the way my case is handled by the midwives department. I was told that the midwife will come and see me after the discharge from the hospital but unfortunately I would get call in the morning to say that I was not important to see at home as they had many other patients which were more important than me to see and that they were busy so the mid wife would cancel the appointment. Now I was told today that they want to discharge me because it's been 17 days but I am concerned about my health. I would like to be cured and get well before I am discharged as it's the St Helier hospital's responsibility to make sure that the patients are cured quickly with less hassle before discharging.

Response from St Helier Hospital

We're really concerned to hear that you are uncomfortable with your discharge and by the interactions with our staff that you have described. We would strongly advise and encourage you to call our Patient Advice and Liaison (PALS) team on 020 8296 2508 - they will be able to talk to you about the care you received and discuss any ongoing concerns you still have.