"Gynocology"

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

Massively disappointed! The lack of knowledge I experience with the so called gynaecologists is shocking. I was referred by my GP in December 2014. I heard nothing from them until March. I called the specialist's secretary numerous times requesting a appointment due to the pain and inflammation I was and I am suffering from. They sent me an appointment for 11th May 2015! Six months waiting!!!! Then a nice but inexperience doctor saw me. This doctor was clueless! You would have though that they could consult with a senior colleague, but now! I had to prompt them to take a swab at list and send it off to see what can cause the infection. I was asked to have an ultrasound too. Now it's nearly the end of June and I still haven't heard from them. I called the secretary about 7 times, but they never answer the phone. Eventually, I left 2 messages asking her to call me back. Yesterday I got a message saying that the doctor show give me an appointment to discuss the results in person, however they haven't looked at my results yet(!!!!) and I won't be given an appointment before September! Honestly! This kind of medical ignorance is a awful and should be investigated! In desperation I went to see a nurse at the Sexual Health Clinic. They told me that I have had a massive inflammation and blood in my urine. They straight away gave me a strong dose of antibiotics. I feel better now but still need to know why I have the inflammation as the SHC gave me the all clear! Therefore the problem is in the area of gynaecology. What can I do?!

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and highlighting this issue to us. Please can you contact us by emailing rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net so that we can look into this matter for you and gather more information?