"Telephone screening experience"

About: South West London And St George's Mental Health NHS Trust / Adult mental health

(as a service user),

I had a forty minute telephone screening appointment with a Psychological Well being Practitioner from IAPT recently with a view to finding suitable therapy or counseling for myself. The Practitioner and the experience was very positive. I felt listened to and was asked some appreciated questions in a very considerate and professional yet engaging manner. I received a letter a week after summarising our conversation and 2 recommended organisations to contact re the therapy. It felt good at the time and even though I expected I would feel emotional later, and did, I found the whole experience quite helpful.

Response from Jane Healey, Patient Experience Lead, Governance, South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust

Dear Seraphina,

My name is Jane and I am one of the Patient Experience Leads for the Trust. Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on our services. I am very pleased to hear of the good experience you had when you made contact with IAPT and I will be passing on your compliments to staff in the team.

Many thanks again and I would also like to wish you well in your continuing journey towards recovery.