"CAT Scan in X-ray Department"

About: Spire Wellesley Hospital

My comments are much in line with the others posted here, as a Private Hospital, in my opinion, it really did not come up to standard. I did not think much of their attention to Patient Dignity, or lack of Consultation after the scan, and then a long delay in getting the results (which still have not arrived). It was a bit shambolic when I tried to complain and did not listen or take note of what I was saying, so I complained to BUPA instead. Then I got a ' fielded reply ' with a DIY chase-up for the missing results. Not very satisfactory at all, could do with a bit more people/service skills. In my view a Company to be avoided.

Response from Spire Wellesley Hospital

I am sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with your recent experience here at the hospital. Our usual turnaround time for CT scan results is from the same day up to 48hrs unless the referring doctor has requested that they are reported by a specific radiologist. In order to allow enough time for scans to be reported it would not be usual to have an appointment immediately following a scan, although this could be arranged if needed/although this is sometimes arranged for patients who absolutely require it. Please contact me direct using the details below I will be more than happy to discuss the issues in relation to your results and consultations. We do take patient complaints and comments very seriously at Spire Wellesley Hospital and will do our utmost to address any concerns resolve this issue. Lorraine Barrs, Matron, 01702 447931