"Treatment of bowel cancer"

About: Torbay Hospital

Earlier this year my husband was sent via his Dr to Torbay with a probable diagnosis of Bowel Cancer, which after various scans was actually diagnosed. He was then referred to Cheltenham where he had surgery. I would like to say he is now on the mend due to the prompt attention he received. I would also like to say a very big thank you to all the staff he came in contact with, especially the cancer team at Torbay. We are so lucky to have such dedicated staff and without their help and support things might have turned out very different. THANK YOU so very much. Name: Sylvia Sweeting (for Gordon Sweeting)

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is always good to receive positive feedback and we will ensure we share your examples of good practice with those concerned.

Response from Torbay Hospital

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments. Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned. Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Response from Jo Curtis, Patient Engagement Lead, Engagement Team, South Devon and Torbay CCG

Dear Sylvia,

Thank you so much for writing about the great care and treatment your husband received. I’m really glad he is on the mend now, thanks to the prompt and excellent action taken by his GP and the cancer team. We very much agree with you – they are fantastic!

Please give Gordon our best wishes for his recovery.