"Day Case - Orthopaedics"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

After 10 months of very effective pain relief from a sacroilliac joint injection, my second one took place this morning, 12 months after the first. As a result of a local anaesthetic it was an almost pain free experience, delivered by the same surgeon, who has treated me for the past 2 years for back pain. Not only can I highly recommend this surgeon but also their team, all of whom are very professional and caring. Prior to the surgeons involvement I was rapidly losing my mobility and was suffering long periods of acute pain and requiring large doses of pain killers. Their advice on specific treatment for my condition was based on careful and lengthy study of my MRI & has been extremely effective. Having suffered over 20 years of back pain, involving other doctors, I have found someone in whom I have complete confidence. My condition may be different from yours but should you need a first class orthopaedic surgeon, look no further. This surgeon works within the NHS at both Chorley and Royal Preston hospitals.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience; it was extremely pleasing to hear of the high standard of care you received. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with managers in the Orthopaedic Department.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback; please be assured that your kind and positive comments have been shared with senior managers in the Orthopaedic Directorate.