About: Abbey and Lady Bay Children's Centre

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I was invited to celebrate Volunteers week with Rushcliffe District Children's Centres by the Comunity Involvement Team. We were invited to an evening of celebration with light refreshements and an award ceromony. I really enjoyed the evening and I was very surprised and happy to recieve my 2 awards. Volunteering has given me the opportunity to buld up confidence and to be me and not just a mum and if I do experince any difficult times or have a question then I can ask and I am also gaining experinence, skills and knowledge that will help for the future job opportunities.

Response from Tina Hancock, Sure Start Children's Centres Service Manager, Broxtowe District, Sure Start, Health Partnerships

Dear 'happy1'

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this forum about your recent volunteering experience and many congratulations on receiving your two very well deserved certificates.

I hope you experiences now and in the future will help you to continue to build your confidence so you will in a really great place to help with your future employment plans