"Superb care on the Rainforest Children's Ward"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

My daughter was admitted to the Rainforest Children's Ward with a broken wrist and the standard of care we received was incredibly high. She is terrified of hospitals, pain, needles etc and all of the nursing and auxiliary staff were incredibly kind, understanding and patient with her. Everyone I came into contact with was very warm and friendly and couldn't do enough for us - a true credit to their profession. My daughter commented how at ease they made her feel and how comfortable she was in the hospital environment which is no mean feat! Despite how busy they were, the nurses continually checked on the children and even came and chatted to those children whose parents had left the ward for a while so they weren't alone. A very positive hospital experience. Surgeons and consultants were amazing too - did a fabulous job of fixing her wrist and kept us informed at all times. Can't praise you all highly enough. Very glad we got referred to Lincoln! Keep up the outstanding work.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Abbie’s mum

Thank you so much for your kind words about Abbie’s experience on Rainforest Ward, I was delighted that we did everything we could to make Abbie’s experiences as positive as possible despite how anxious and terrified she was. We are constantly trying to improve the experience of our young people and their families, so are grateful for all feedback about how we are doing. To have positive feedback is wonderful and gives the staff a real lift when they are working hard to do their best. We always share our feedback with every single member of the team.

I hope Abbie is recovering well from her ordeal. I can understand why she would be nervous about hospitals, but if she needs to come in again for a planned admission and you would like us to do some preparation work with her before she is admitted again, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.

With grateful thanks.