About: Medway Maritime Hospital

A member of my family was admitted suffering continuous seizures. She was left alone and nobody checked on her. On several occasions when we were there and she was having violent attacks and nearly falling out of the bed staff just walked past her and ignored the situation. There was no communication between staff, many thinking that each seizure was her first. Also, the person taking the blood sample was not informed of her situation and was shocked when she had a fit during the test, leaving the needle in her arm. On occasions, nurses even said 'I don't know what to do". We have also encountered rudeness and negative comments from staff which is unacceptable. On another occasion, a syringe of medication was left on the windowsill for hours until moved, very dangerous. There has been inadequate supervision and in my opinion little care shown on the whole. I shall be making an official complaint.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and we are sorry that the care provided wasn't of the level that you should expect. We cannot provide further comment with the amount of detail that you have provided but will fully investigate your official complaint.