"joint replacement on fingers"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I would just like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Mr. Nick Millar and his team for the amazing and professional work on my new finger joints, to say I'm delighted is an understatement! also I would like to thank the all that worked in the operating theatre. I was made feel so calm and never at any point was I anxious as my operation was a local anaesthetic. Finally the after care I received has been second to none especially my physiotherapist Mairi O'hollaran who as got me back to having a functional hand, also Laura Wedlock the Rheumatology physiotherapist who gave me the support for having this procedure.

I would also like to thank Dr. Munro if it wasn't for him I would never have had this surgery.

many thanks to all you wonder staff,

Response from Janie Thomson, Head of Profession, Physiotherapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Weller

I am so glad that your surgery and rehabilitation has been such a success and that you are delighted with the result. It is indeed a difficult decision to undergo a surgical procedure and I will happily pass on your thanks to the team who supported you so well before, during and after your surgery.