About: Guy's Hospital

My biopsy was suggestive of a phyllodes tumor but they kept this crucial information from me and told me it was fibroadenoma, I was told it was a phyllodes only after the surgery even though surgeon knew it might have been phyllodes. As a consequence I had to undergo a second surgery as they did not ask my opinion on how much healthy tissue should be taken (1 cm but surgeon told me right before I went under they'd be taking 2 mm). Shocking arrogance by my surgeon whose main concern were the aesthetic results and not my health and who thought they knew better. Second surgery could have been avoided. Misinformation and breakdown of communication since the consultant who operates on you is then replaced by a different one on the whim of management.

Response from Guy's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your care at the Trust. We would like to understand more about the circumstances around your care please could you get in touch with either PALS or the breast team directly.