"Heathfield Ward: they were working so hard"

About: Ayr Hospital / General Medicine

I visited the gynecology ward, and even at the age of 79-years-old I felt a bit embarrassed but thought I must share the good experience I had.

I was treated very well, and the treatment itself was brilliant. The Queen’s got her own gynecologist, but I feel I’ve got a better one!

There were nurses everywhere, constantly speaking to people and checking they were okay. They were working so hard.

The doctor I saw was Dr. Fokolova. Unfortunately I didn’t get the nurses name because I’m partially sighted and couldn’t read her name badge and didn’t want to disrupt her.

You read the papers saying negative things, but if half of the people in the world had the manners of the staff here, we wouldn’t have all these wars.

Response from NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Just177

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback. We already forwarded your message to the staff involved, who felt humbled by your compliments. On a similar note to yours, if half of our patients gave us their feedback here, we would have made all the improvements we can to enhance their experience with the service.

We wish you all the very best

Wael Agur