"We could not have asked anymore of everyone involved"

About: John Eastwood Hospice, day care/in care

(as a carer),

I am the carer in this story, I cared for my father. He was admitted at John Eastwood Hospice for pain and symptom control. From the moment my father entered the doors he was treated with such dignity and respect. Nothing was too trouble for staff and the volunteers that work there.

My father’s stay was very difficult time for himself and his family and the staff, but thanks to all involved in my father’s care was excellent.

We the family was treated with the same excellence. We could not have asked anymore of everyone involved, and this covers all from maintenance, cleaning, kitchen and this covers all from maintenance, cleaning, kitchen, etc… the whole team. And what an amazing team they are.

Unfortunately dad went on to deteriorate and passed away peacefully in June 2015. And to his end, the care provided was un-measurable, truly thoughtful, compassionate, comforting, dignity + respect.

Response from Emma Roberts, Head of Specialist Palliative Services, John Eastwood Hospice and Bassetlaw Hospice, County Health Partnerships

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion of the John Eastwood Hospice team and acknowledging the work provided by the team as a whole.

I will share your kind words with the team.

With Regards Emma Roberts