"`Endoscopy Unit"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I attended the unit for a procedure and was very impressed by the level of service that I received. I can only describe it as 5 star. The nurses were very personable and professional. From the administrative support at the reception desk, right through to the care in the recovery room, I felt that I was being given the very best of care, in a safe and well managed environment. I was informed and involved in my treatment through every step of the process. I cannot speak highly enough of the team that looked after me throughout the morning and cannot thank them enough for the superb treatment. I should also mention, that the department is based, in a type of portakabin add-on to the main building. There was obviously, building works being carried out, the day that I attended but, the department was immaculately clean and the atmosphere created by the team was calm and relaxed, which helped me overcome my nerves and fears very quickly. Many thanks to all concerned in the running of this department, you are a credit to the NHS and the medical profession.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear FunkyG,

Thank you for your kind words. It is nice to hear that the staff on the unit are working well with the construction workers. It is also very nice of you to take the time to write this lovely review. It is always heart-warming when we get it right, and we are told in very nice words that we have got it right. I will be disseminating this to the staff and it will give them a warm glow, I’m sure. Thanks again.

Merle Willey