"What a wonderful example of NHS care - Thank you"

About: Exmouth Hospital

My husband bought me in to the Minor Injuries Unit following a fainting episode. The nurses were all amazing - kind, caring, really wonderful people. It is amazing how someone holding your hand can make you feel so much better! These people genuinely care - it's quite humbling really. Then a doctor came over and they were also great. People who read the Daily Mail and criticise the NHS have obviously never been to Exmouth Minor Injuries Unit. I cannot sing its praises enough. Thank you to all concerned.

Dear Patient

Thank you for sharing your experience with us following your visit to Exmouth MIU.

I was very pleased to see how caring all the staff were, and I hope you are now fully recovered.

I have shared your very kind comments with the service manager where I know they will be warmly received and shared with the team.

Thank you once again.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear 'Anonymous'

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding to what was clearly a good and reassuring experience.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss this experience or any other health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call (free-phone) 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Volunteer

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.