"Amazing service"

About: Exmouth Hospital

Arrived at the hospital with my daughter who was having an asthma attack. She was very distressed, but from the moment we arrived the service was fantastic. The person on reception was kind and reassuring and made sure we were seen quickly. The nurse who saw her was amazing - calm and thorough. I cannot sing their praises enough. Made me proud to be British - God bless the NHS!!!

Dear Parent

Thank you for posting your comments on the website, it must have been a very worrying time for both you and your daughter, and I pleased to note the staff managed to reassure and calm your daughter - I do hope she is now fully recovered.

I have shared your very kind comments with the MIU manager where they will be shared with the MIU team and much appreciated.

Many thanks once again.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear 'Anonymous'

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding to this experience which turned out to be so reassuring for you and your family.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss this experience or any other health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call (free-phone) 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.