"Absoluetly Dreadful"

About: Fairfield General Hospital

My grandfather has been taken seriously ill. Ward 7 is horrendous. First of all they dropped him on the floor when transferring him from trolley to the bed. Then they would not let us help him, despite me being his fully registered carer. They very nearly dropped him a 2nd time, if it was not for myself coming through the curtain and preventing this. Then he would have been on the floor a 2nd time. The staff was very sarcastic, when asking them you will look after him ? And we get a sarcastic sneer back 'no we are just going to leave him' was the reply... They shouted at him when he had an accident on the floor, and tried rushing him into bed. Where they did lot let him out of bed for 3 or 4 day. Absolutely despicable... To sum up... Rude. Bullying, sarcastic, forceful and uncaring.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comment regarding your grandfather’s visit to ward 7 at Fairfield General Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the ward manager.