"After care appt after a traumatic eye cataract..."

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

My mother went into hospital"routine catact removal,"and unfortunately there were complications I felt that the explanations that was given was rather woolly.and was expected to travel from St.ives to Treliske the next morning by 8.30 am which I ensured she arrived promptly to which we were informed by who I felt was a harassed nurse that there were no doctors available!My mother as you can imagine was anxious and very upset at this reception,eventually the nurse rang the Doctor who was attending the emergency eye clinic my mother was seen by I felt uncaring and unprofessional member of the team.I am aware of complications that may occur during a cataract removal as I myself have worked on a ophthalmology ward for a number of years (not in Treliske)but I feel that a holistic approach is missing especially in the elderly.

Response from Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on your mother's recent care. We value all feedback as this helps us to continually learn and improve. We are unable to respond to individual concerns online but if you would like to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service - pals.service@rcht.cornwall.nhs.uk - we will be happy come back to you directly.