"Care and understanding"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (County)

Unfortunately I have had to use the County Crisis team on and off for quite a few years now. I suffer from Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and often have nightmares and flashbacks in the night which lead to disassociative episodes and subsequent self harming. I often get stuck in my bathroom and am frightened and completely overwhelmed.

When I ring the crisis team they calm me down and help to ground me. They talk me through my coping strategies and make sure I am safe. If they weren't there in the night I am not sure I would still be alive. They have saved my life so many times.

There have been times that I have been sat by the river and also feeling very suicidal. The crisis team acknowledge how I am feeling but don't get caught up in the chaos of the situation and they help me to find solutions of how I can get back home, to A&E etc.

I just wanted to thank them for their care and understanding

Response from Ruth Gadd, Acting Service Manager , City Crisis Team, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS trust

Thank you for posting your heart-warming story, I am so pleased to hear that the Crisis Team have been able to offer you support and understanding during your distressful time.

I will feedback this story to the team and thank you again for taking the time to post your story.

Please take care and best wishes for the future.

Ruth