"Excellent comforting staff and thorough care"

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I visited A&E with what turned out to be a kidney infection, in utter agony in the wee hours of the morning. I was assessed by the nurse within 5 minutes of arriving and given some immediate minor pain relief. Within an hour, I'd been assessed by a very polite, patient doctor, they had managed my pain, started IV antibiotics and sent me for a CAT scan. The hospital itself is very clean, staff efficient and friendly. Moving into the CDU, I was treated very kindly by the nurses and seen by a consultant with a full diagnosis and treatment options within a couple of hours. Even better, I was given an option to continue my treatment at home, with nurses visiting my home 3 times a day until the course of treatment was complete. This is an amazing service and I can't quite believe it's free. My only one small gripe was that the nurse who put in my cannula was obviously inexperienced - they took several attempts on what was a very clearly situated, easily accessible vein and has left me with several scratches and a lot of bruising - subsequent nurses were quite shocked. Other than that, everything was excellent. Keep doing the great job you're doing Kings College Hospital. It is very much appreciated.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

Please accept my apologies for not responding to your feedback in a timely way.

Thank you for taking the time to share our experience of care in our A&E Department at Denmark Hill. We will ensure your comments are passsed onto staff in the department.