"Blood tests without gloves!"

About: Mount Vernon Hospital

18.06.2015 I had a blood test. Person before me had a blood test, doors was open so I could see inside the room. Nurse that was taking blood was not wearing gloves during the tests. Next person was me. I'm always scared of blood test, so I don't know why I let do blood test on me this nurse. The nurse did not clean my skin before the test, the nurse touched me with their finger without gloves, and did the whole treatment without gloves. I did not say anything probably because the nurse was a nice person and was talking to me, but now I'm scared that because of this nurses mistakes I might have some serious disease.

Response from Mount Vernon Hospital

We as a Trust would like to apologise for your experience. We would like to assure you that our nurses attend yearly training on infection prevention and exercise best clinical practice with all of our patients. Unfortunately based on the information here we are unable to look into your individual experience. Should you wish to discuss, this please do not hesitate to contact the Mount Vernon Hospital Operations Manager on 01923 844 153.