"Excellent care after my accident"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) / Trauma and orthopaedics

(as a service user),

Excellent care after my accident

Surgeon – Brilliant

Nurses – wonderful, very caring and took time to explain everything

Junior Doctors – Excellent, but work far too many hours!

Very difficult to tell who is who amongst the staff  all wear uniforms that look like pyjamas! Please get your nurses back to wearing proper nursing uniforms so we can tell who is a nurse

Response from Brenda Leaman, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your attendance at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. I am delighted to hear that you are so happy with the care you have received. I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback. Kind comments and suggestions such as yours are always gratefully received.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear 'other920'

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding to this experience which clearly felt OK for you. I hope you are getting stronger.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.