"Mindfulness Course at Eccles Gateway"

About: Six Degrees Social Enterprise (CIC)

Mindfulness – Debra Fraser and Rachel

- Was diagnosed with anxiety and stress  GP referred me to a counsellor

- Counsellor recommended a mindfulness course

- On phone Debra said next course a few weeks away but she suggested a mindfulness book with meditations on CD

- Read first half of book and started doing meditations

- Attended course and found immediate and on-going benefits

- I find guided (CD) meditations more helpful than un-guided, though I am making efforts to do more un-guided.

- I meditate at least twice a day and expect to do so indefinitely

- I have a much more settled peace of mind

- I have recommended mindfulness to friends and family

- Two family members are now meditating, using the CD

- Other members on the course have also said how much the meditations are helping them

- Would suggest some on-going “top up” courses

- Would also suggest written or email resumes following each session

Response from Chardworth Dhliwayo, Operational Manager, Six Degrees Social Enterprise We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of attending the Mindfulness course and making several suggestions to improve the experience. We are pleased that you have found it helpful and shared this with other family members. Following feedback from another person who attended the course, we are planning on providing monthly drop-in sessions, in line with your suggestion for on-going ‘top-up’ courses. These will start running from the end of August this year. In the meantime, we will discuss your proposals for written or email resumes following each session. Best wishes.

• Keep107 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Chardworth Dhliwayo, Operational Manager, Six Degrees Social Enterprise We have made a change

Just a quick update to let you know that we have agreed to provide written or email resumes following the Mindfulness sessions. The team are now exploring the implementation. On behalf of the team, thank you for your feedback.

• Keep107 thinks this response is helpful