"Nothing was too much trouble and care was delivered in a very timely manner"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital / General surgery

Had my gall bladder out recently. Apart from having to wait to be admitted after being told to get there for 7. 30 and getting really dehydrated before my surgery which didn't take place till the afternoon my experience of care by all members of staff was excellent!

Nothing was too much trouble and care was delivered in a very timely manner. The staff worked really hard to accommodate my needs and treated me as an individual with patience and kindness. I cannot thank them enough for their care at a time when I was feeling so vulnerable.

My only thoughts about what could have been better are that if someone is scheduled for surgery later in the day they could be advised of this and kept better hydrated pre surgery. Also the food at the hospital didn't really accommodate post surgery dietary needs.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the relevant senior staff.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thak you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your constructive comments have been shared with the relevant managers.