"Teamwork and friendly approach"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / General Medicine Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Maternity care

My doctor sent me to Dumfries hospital as she was very concerned with me. She suspected I'd had a stroke (I'm only 35) and 37 weeks pregnant.

I got seen virtually straight away and got taken to ward 7 where I got assessed. All the staff on that ward were amazing, in being professional in their team work and in their friendly approach to giving me and my unborn baby the best care and attention from the second we went in to second we left.

I got told I had Bells Palsy and they respected my wishes to wait until I had my baby until I had a scan so I knew my baby was going to be 100% safe.

Can't thank them enough

Response from Hilary Butterworth, IPIQ Officer, Patient Services, NHS Dumfries and Galloway

Dear littlemischatterbox

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience on Ward 7. It must have been a very frightening time for you, but it was so lovely to hear the care you had during this difficult time was so positive.

I will ensure Ward 7 is aware of your kind compliments.

With all our best wishes to you and your baby.

Hilary