"Great service however it is hard to get in contact with you"

About: Biggart Hospital

The service I've received has been wonderful, but it is hard to get in contact with you.

I had an appointment for my eyes, and received a letter shortly after. The problem was, the letter I received was talking about a similar appointment to the one I had, except it was at a different hospital. This was instead of the follow up I was expecting.

I couldn’t see any contact details on the letter, and I feel the database used isn’t fully accurate. It’s really confusing and something should be done about it. I’m not sure why I received a letter for two similar appointments.

Dear Node507,

I am pleased your care has been good but I am sorry you have found the appointment letters somewhat confusing. I would like to look into this and see if there is anything we can do to help prevent this situation. To do this, I would need to know more about you and the letters. If you could contact me by email at eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or phone me on 01563 826222, and give me your name and date of birth I can look into this further for you. I would also need details of what service the appointments are for etc.

Once I have more details, I will be in a better position to look at any improvements we may be able make, so I do hope you can contact me.

Thank you for contacting us via Patient Opinion; it gives us a chance to look at things that we may otherwise never become aware of.

Kind regards,