"Having a screen"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / CHLASP Sexual Health Outreach, Education and Training

I, a student at Kirklees college have had a free chlamydia screen and I think that having the opportunity to do it here, for free rather than going to a GP gets more people involved in the process.

As well as the screening, we are offered a pen/underpants/headphones if we do the screening and we are offered free condoms, lube and dams that are very popular with other students.

Response from Michelle Briggs, Specialist Sexual Health Trainer, Sexual Health Outreach Team, Locala Community Partnerships

Hi 'Fishingguy123' - wow thank you for your feedback - it sounds like you had a really positive experience with our Outreach Team. I know our workers work very hard to make sure that young people feel comfortable accessing our services, so I will make sure to tell them about your feedback.

Getting tested for chlamydia is so easy and makes such good sense - we recommend getting tested at least once a year or every time you change partners and you can do it in person at sexual health clinics (see our website for addresses and opening times - http://www.locala.org.uk/your-healthcare/contraception-and-sexual-health/ ) or even email, text or telephone for a testing kit to do at home:

Ring us - 01484 481030

Email us- chlamydia.screening@locala.org.uk

Text us - 81025 and put 'Chlasp' then your name, address and postcode

Or visit http://www.locala.org.uk/your-healthcare/chlamydia-screening-programme/ to request a kit online.

Thanks again for your comments from all of us at CHLASP! Sexual Health Outreach, Education and Training Team