"The midwives and doctor that where ..."

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

The midwives and doctor that where with me during my labour. Dedicated, professional and really nice.

## I developed Cholestasis at the end of my pregnancy and this potentially dangerous illness for my baby was oversight by two doctors looking after me at the ante-natal stage. Things would have been less stressful for me it the Cholestasis and appropiate treatment would have been diagnosed by my doctor when my blood test was done.

## I requested an epidural on my birth plan. It took more than 4 hours to receive one and by the time my baby was delivered the effect was completely gone. When you are in a 15hrs labour waiting for 4 hours for your selected pain relief or being stiched without any pain relief is not ideal and definately must be improved for the future.

The post-birth care has exceed all my expectations. All the midwives and health visitors looking after me compesate the shortcomings of my traumatic labour.

Please feel free to contact me for further details about my experience. Thanks

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

While we are very pleased to learn that many aspects of your care were good, we were also disappointed to see that not everything went as we would have wanted it to. What we very much hope is the case now, is that you and your baby are doing well.

If you would like to raise your concerns about how your labour was handled, please just drop us a note via the following e-mail address: generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net. You can use this service too if you want to tell us more about the great post-birth care that you have received.