"We are very grateful to the paramedics"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

My wife had what we thought at the time was a heart attack and called out an emergency ambulance for help. The two paramedics, Andy Brown and Vicky Blackmore, who arrived really looked after my wife and diagnosed a oesophageal spasm after carrying out an ECG to check her heart and doing different blood tests. Fortunately, with their thorough checks and care my wife did not need to be treated in hospital – although she is waiting for treatment for a heart condition (which is why we thought it may be a heart attack).

We are very grateful to the paramedics for all they did and also for their kindness, good cheer and lovely manners.

Dear Closer373

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope your wife is feeling much better now.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients, and those around them, when they need us most.

I will pass your kind comments onto Vicky and Andy and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.

Laura