"I have nothing but praise for the NHS"

About: Nottingham West / Primary care rehab & falls service

I have nothing but praise for the NHS service following the help and care I received following a TIA about a month ago. I was given exercises by a physiotherapist Emma Sly and additional support from Jessica Sutton who could not have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble, she made sure everything I needed was within easy reach by sitting in the bath and testing it all out.

I was diagnosed by my GP who called out an ambulance for me, since my initial assessment at the hospital I have had two follow up appointments where they are very satisfied with my condition.

All the people who have cared for me and looked after me at the City Hospital have been exceptionally good.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Hi Peer45.

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear you received such excellent care at City Hospital and our physiotherapists supported you so well through your rehabilitation. We will share your feedback with those who were involved in your care, including Emma and Jessica. I hope you continue to make steady progress with your recovery.

Given your recent experience, you may wish to know that our staff awards are open for nominations. If you wanted to, you could nominate a member of staff or a staff team (this would fall under Diagnostics and Clinical Support directorate category). Should you wish to nominate, you can do so via our website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/submit-your-nomination/

Kind regards,

Neil Marshall, Senior Physiotherapist.

Diagnostics and Clinical Support.

Response from Jessica Sutton, Occupational Therapist, Stapleford Care Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your comment. I am glad that we of the Community Therapy Team met your rehabilitation needs and that you feel that your health needs have been met by health professionals involved.