"In awe of the dedication"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Cardiology / Coronary Care Unit

I have just returned home from a rather harrowing ablation procedure at the A. R. I. and would like to share my experience.

The staff in Ward 401 were brilliant, I couldn't have wished for better treatment, the consultant is a genius, I could not have been in better hands, absolutely AWESOME. I had to stay overnight, was transferred to Ward 109 and again, the treatment I received by the wonderful staff was exemplary.

I am in awe of the dedication that was displayed during my stay by everyone involved with my care. I now look forward to a much improved rest of my days thanks to the incredible treatment of a great team at A. R. I. Thank you and bless you all.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear patient

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Patient Opinion. It so happens that this popped into my in box whilst I was attending an event for NHS Grampian staff. We were able to put your comments up on a screen for everyone to see so that we could all share in the positivity which such feedback engenders.

It is fabulous for staff to hear that they are doing such a good job and I will certainly make sure that everyone involved knows about your feedback.

Wishing you continued good health!

• bigH thinks this response is helpful