"casualty was fairly quick and ..."

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

casualty was fairly quick and efficient - if a little indifferent and impersonal.

Staff that administer fracture clinic appointments. Uncaring, diffident, unhelpful. Spent more time finding reasons why NOT to help me than how she could.

The doctor told me I would be seen Mon/Tues but was given an appointment for Friday. could not get carer for disabled child or a lift for myself that day so I tried to change appt. There was no leeway for people like myself with a specific problem regarding appointment dates . I explained why I could not make the date and was not given ANY alternative.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

While we were pleased that you received prompt and efficient attention through the QEII's emergency department service, we were very disappointed at the experience you had at the hands of those managing the bookings for the hospital's fracture clinic. What you experienced is not acceptable and we will be drawing your comments to the attention of the team in question. While disappointed in having to do this, we are grateful for letting us know about it in the first place as it gives us a chance to make sure that things are put right.