"The consultant saw me 15 minutes ..."

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

The consultant saw me 15 minutes earlier than my appointment time, how refreshing!

Reception staff at the breast care unit did not even acknowledge my presence when I arrived at the desk. They carried on with their paperwork despite being aware of me standing in front of them. First rule of customer service, look up, smile and if you're really so busy, tell your customer you'll be right with them if you can't tear yourself away from your filing. In addition, I've had to chase up my follow up appointment with the breast care unit by phone and not only were they barely civil, they transferred me to the wrong dept. If you have a job in which your primary function is to deal with the public, you really must try harder to make the public feel less of an inconvenient interruption to you.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

We couldn't agree with you more and we are happy to take this matter up with the team in question. Please accept our apologies for this poor experience of a unit within the Trust that normally is known for its excellent support of patients.