"Radiology Department"

About: North Devon District Hospital

I have just been through your Radiology department for an X-ray and CT scan and I cannot praise the level of service I received highly enough. From my very first contact with the radiology secretaries, my treatment on the day by both radiographers and the immediate reassurance from the radiologist I could not have been looked after better. I was treated promptly and with great care and empathy. The kindness and professionalism of everyone made a stressful experience infinitely easier. At a time when the NHS is so often criticised for its shortcomings I think it is important to make sure that such excellent service does not go unremarked upon. I'd like to thank everyone for providing such an outstanding service.

Dear Ms Holmes

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on the website.

I am pleased to note that you had such empathic care and treatment, and that you felt so reassured by staff both initially with the department secretaries and again during appointments with the clinicians during treatment.

I have shared your comments with the Radiology Manager where they will very gladly recieved and shared with the whole team.

Many thanks

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Susan Holmes

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding to what was a reassuring experience and we hope your treatment continues well.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Volunteer

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.