"No One Answers the Phone"

About: New Victoria Hospital (Glasgow)

Trying to contact the New Victoria Hospital for over a week, either phone rings out or engaged, which I suspect are others trying to phone.

I also tried another number that I was given in a letter from the Victoria Hospital, the number takes you to a department that is open from 9am-12, for such a limited time of opening no one answers this either.

You can leave a voicemail but I've yet to have anyone call me back since leaving two messages nearly a week ago.

Dear Sydney68,

This is very frustrating to read, and I am sure is even more frustrating for you when trying to make contact with this department.

First of all, it would be helpful if you could let me know which department or clinic you are trying to get in contact with - this will let me look into what is happening with this telephone number and get you in touch with somebody. We can also then have a look at the numbers we are giving out and how to manage the answering of these calls better. You can either come back to me via Patient Opinion, or directly at lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

Kind Regards,

Lorna

Dear Sydney68,

Following your comments back in June, along with other patients who have commented about having the same issues as you have with contacting certain departments or clinics we have done a bit of work with various colleagues to try to resolve this.

We have updated all internal phone lists and distributed these to staff and departments. This includes working with the Communications department to ensure all of this information is also up to date on our website.

You also mentioned that you tried a number you had on a letter - this is the most important part as the information that a patient gets should have the correct contact details at all times. This point has been raised and all communications should now be up to date, but if you - or anyone else reading this - continues to have problems with particular clinics, then I would encourage you to get in touch with me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk, so I can look into what is happening specifically in those areas.

Thanks and best wishes,