"use less with people learng disablty"

on samfire ward their is no help with personal care for people with learning disabity .as i have found out since my brother has been sectioned .also some of staff can be rude .to visitors .also my son who has disabilty got told not to vistit as he has epilsey and may have afit .which up set him then my son got cross and they through him out.that. i would not want any of my famliy to stay their again on that ward .

Response from St Martins Hospital

Hi Pauline, I am sorry you feel that your brother was not supported with personal care when he was an in-patient. We aim to meet the needs of everyone using our wards and this includes those with a learning disability. We acknowledge that we have to support personal care needs as appropriate and I am disappointed to hear that you feel we have not appropriately supported your brother in this way.. Please contact Lisa Medhurst, Ward Manager, on 01227 812121 or Maria Stafford, Matron, on 01227 459371 to highlight what support you feel is absent and they will look into how we can improve your brothers experience of care. Alternatively, if you contact the Patient Experience Team at: patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk then they will help you to highlight your concerns.