"Switchboard rudeness"

About: St Lukes Hospital (Bradford)

My request to be connected to Dermatology was met with a sharp tone and rudeness.I was made to feel that they were too busy to deal with my request. I was connected but got the answer machine, so tried again 5 minutes later. I again was welcomed by what can only be described as a stroppy attitude and was asked if it was for an appointment. I said it wasn't and asked if there was a direct number to the department in case i get the answer machine again. The response i got was a sigh followed by a very long pause then followed by 'wait a moment'. My question isn't answered and was then transferred to Dermatology and got the answer machine again. Why are there people covering the switchboard who really don't want to do the job or make you feel like you are troubling them by asking for the service they are there to provide?

Response from St Lukes Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. I will ensure that these comments are shared with the manager of the department. It is important that we listen to feedback like this to improve our services. Thank you.