"Rapid Access Neck Lump & Thyroid Clinic"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I was referred to the Rapid Access Neck Lump & Thyroid Clinic for a small lump on my throat. The care I received was excellent. My first appointment was booked within a week of seeing my GP and on the day I was seen really quickly in the morning, then seen again later in the day for the results with the Consultant, so no long wait for the results. All the staff were really lovely and reassuring and explained clearly what was going to happen. Luckily nothing was found. The consultant reassured me that I hadn't wasted anyone's time and I think that was really good as it was something I was worried about.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is extremely pleasing to hear of the high quality, timely care you received at what was obviously a very worrying time. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with the staff concerned.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience; it is always extremely pleasing to hear that the care and services provided were of the high standard we aim to offer all our patients and that the level of communication offered was compassionate, kind and reassuring.