"Thyroid removal, outstanding care on Day Surgery..."

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

I cannot adequately praise the staff, care and courtesy, shown to me during a recent two night stay on the day surgery unit at UHND. From the moment that I arrived at reception, every member of staff that I encountered, impressed me with their attitude towards my imminent surgery, efforts to keep me informed and attempts to lessen my anxiousness. On returning to the unit after surgery I was frequently checked and asked if I required drinks and pain relief. The unit was constantly being cleaned and the catering service provided an impressive choice and quantity of food offerings. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble, even on a manic Monday, with a constant stream of patients returning from theatre. I really don't know how you could improve on this standard of patient care, but the staff on the Day Surgery Unit certainly know how to look after patients. A very big thank you and well done.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent admission to the Day Surgery Unit at the University Hospital of North Durham. I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Sister and Matron to pass onto the staff on your behalf. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774