"Hip operation - excellent service - second to none"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

I came down to Devon for a week's family holiday on Saturday 6 June. Unfortunately, on my first trip out on Sunday 7 June, I tripped, culminating in a broken hip and surgery at the hospital that very same night. I stayed in E Bay at Durbin ward in the Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Centre. The help, support and services I received from the staff were amazing. I can only say that if you were to injure any part of you and needed hospitalisation, then you would be fortunate enough to do it under their care. I was treated with the utmost respect at all times and was spoken to by the surgeons, anaesthetist and clearly understood everything that had happened, or what was to happen. The NHS is a wonderful institution and a lot of people do forget that at times. I have nothing but thanks to everyone there and they made a difficult situation a lot more bearable with all their kindness. I cannot thank them all enough

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. I am delighted to hear that you are so happy with the care you received on Durbin Ward in the Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Centre. I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback. Kind comments such as yours are always gratefully received. I do hope that you make a speedy recovery from your surgery.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Diane Scollon

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding through Patient Opinion to what was a good experience, even on holiday.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.